Sunday, December 14, 2008

Patches




Today I lost someone very special to me. My cat Patches. Anyone who knows me knows about my cat. I've had her, her whole life. All 15 years of it. My parents bought her for me when we moved to Montana b/c I wasn't taking the move very well. I even remember the day we brought her home like it was yesturday. We got her from a pet store in the mall. She was 11 weeks old. When we were taking her out to our car. A stray dog came up and my dad had to put her in his jacket. We get her home and she was so scared. We took her back to my room and she hid there all day. Finally when everyone went to bed that night. She came out to play with me. We've been best friends ever since. She always knew when I was upset. When I got married to Phil and moved out. There was no question about it. She was my cat and she came with me. I always said if that cat could talk she could tell you everything about me. I knew this day was going to come. I just was hoping maybe I had another year or 2 left in her. Even though I know she's in no pain now and is in a better place. I'm going to miss her so much. This is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so sorry Amanda.

LeAnne said...

oh amanda...i am so sorry!